Beer difficulty vs wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do beer part mash only and making beer is a bit easy than wine, it takes around 3 hours to brew 5 gallons of beer (part mash) then it goes to the primary,secondary and down it goes, wine most be punch 2 or 3 times a day,press and rack it many times, its more involving. by the way does anyone knows if pot meta can be used to preserve beer? or Irish moss to clarify wine? :slp

That's my point exactly. It all depends on what level you are doing anything at. Take the old ale I made last year. It was from a recipe from 1886 that I obtained from the Bass museum library. One of the grains in the recipe isn't easily found today, so I had to take 2-row and roast it myself in the oven before I could mill it and start my mash. That took some time. I also find it better to make my own belgian candi sugar/syrup than to buy it at the homebrew shops because what most of them sell isn't really candi sugar.

Now if you were just making a kit instead of wine from grapes, you'd have no cap to punch down and you would only have to transfer 2 or 3 times. Not much effort at all. You'd have the whole thing bottled in a couple hours of actual time.

All said, I don't think one is easier than the other in general... it all depends how much of the process you are willing to take on yourself.

I wouldny use k-meta for beer especially if your not force carbing!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont know about the Irish moss though, it could very well be but thats always added during the boil so Im thinking it has something to do with that!

I haven't done anything till now, because were I am from it is little hard because there are no equipments avaiable here, but I am looking forward for making beer because I love it and I will do that, for me it is little safe because it require some boiling part also. :sm

You dont need to purchase equipment to make beer, everything I have is home made! Im sure you cook over there and pot and a bucket is really all you need. You can get fancy like some of us with coolers with heating elements in them instead of stovetop but its all whats more accessible to you.

Yep I agree with you Wade E Sir,
that is true and I will try to get them all I can, Since I want to be very safly making all the beer, no un sanatized things or something like that. I will be trying that after some time and then I will ask from you everything, what things I will be need and how I can make them avaiable in my city that is making them from other things. :D :sm

Latest posts

Back