Back in Bizz-ness (introduction)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sangwitch

Reaction score
Hey y'all! I've been lurking here for the past week or so and thought I would join and introduce myself. The name's Rob. I made several kits a couple years back, but for various reasons my equipment has been stuck in the closet (marriage, new house, etc).

In the back of my mind I've been thinking, "must get some wine going!" and I'm happy to report I'm finally at a point where I can set up shop again.I've been reviewing all my notes the past week and reading through my old log book. I also spent a good part of today reading all the posts in the 'Wine Concentrate Kits' forum so as not to ask any questions that were already posted.

I purchased a Winexpert Pinot Noir and a Chard last week from a local supplier. I'm based in Little Rock, AR at the moment (shout out to Hippie and Waldo!). Tomorrow I'll be going through my equipment and making sure I have everything I need to get started this weekend. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited.

I have to say, I've read many posts this past week and this is by far the nicest forum of any topic that I've ever been on. Although I'll probably be mostly asking questions for a while, I look forward to contributing more in the future.

George, if you read this... I haven't ordered from you yet, but I like what I see here and I look forward to doing some business with you.

I'm sorry this is long, but the enthusiasm in this forum has got me pumped!

Hey Rob! I'm not sure I've been here long enough to say welcome, but I will! Welcome!
smiley1.gif

You'll love the Pinot Noir!! I've made both of Winexpert's and they're delish!

Welcome Rob!
smiley1.gif
Great to have another Arkie on the forum!
This is a very friendly forum, and you will receive great advice and encouragement.

Rob,

Thanks for the kind words about the forum and you will find all the help you need here and from George at the store.

Welcome to what I think is the best wine forum available! We make some wine, we make some beer, we encourage, we make other things and exchange all sorts of ideas. We even exchange some wines, aka marinades. I don't think you'll find anyone around here very dull. We're glad to have you aboard and don't feel like you're ever asking too many questions. That's what we're here for!
smiley36.gif

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I've already learned too very important things I've been doing wrong on my kits. 1) not stirring the juice and water enough before pitching 2) leaving too much behind on my first racking.

I love the journey of discovery. It feels good to be back into this... hobby? Is wine making a hobby? Feels like there's way too much history involved to call it a hobby. Noble pursuit?
smiley36.gif

Of course, at the moment I'm just a typist! The forum is helping my jones until my package from George arrives!Edited by: sangwitch

sangwitch said:
I love the journey of discovery. It feels good to be back into this... hobby? Is wine making a hobby? Feels like there's way too much history involved to call it a hobby. Noble pursuit?
smiley36.gif
Is wine making a hobby? For some, yes. Some find it to be an addiction. Other, obsession. I consider it a hobby, but Poor Bert has become obsessed. He will do all sorts of hard work and really enjoy it. He's so into it, I sometimes feel he sees it as a responsibility! Must make wine!
smiley36.gif
There may be some Noble Pursuit tossed in there for him too.
Now if I could only get that kind of enthusiasm from him when it's time for housework or fixing something on my car!
smiley5.gif

Rob: Welcome.... I think it starts out as a hobby, and soon turns to an addiction. In no time it's an obsession. PWP, if I didn't know better I think my wife typed your last quote on enthusiasm..lol She has put a limit of three batches at a time...

Latest posts

Back