AUTUMN CHANGES

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Fall has won the battle of the seasons....
Tho we haven't had a killing frost the leaves have turned colors and the wind has taken them....

The vegetable garden is looking pretty grim, not much left out there....

grimSmall.jpg

But still some tasty meals remain...

boccSmall.jpg

The grape leaves have become hardened and brown...

autumnSmall.jpg

And some leaves have fallen to expose the vines bones...

bonesSmall.jpg

Tho the temp dipped down to 31.5*F yesterday morning there still are a few raspberries on the fall bearing plants...just enough to make you go out and enjoy a few on your breakfast or desserts..

raspSmall-1.jpg

The roses still have a few beauties mixed with the rose hips on their canes...

latebeautySmall.jpg

and...a small rose bush with the name "Nearly Wild" knows no season and buds and blooms on......

noseasonSmall.jpg

Jim is plowing today...with the company of many sea gulls...they appear from nowhere....the farmer's friends...

ffSmall.jpg

Wind is chilly and brisk...a clue as to what lies ahead up here on the high plains....there will be more warm days, but they will be short and few....So we must enjoy the present.Edited by: Northern Winos

The chill of the northerly wind froced her to draw the coats zipper higher and pull the collar protectively up around her neck as she surveyed the remnants of the summers bounty. Sparse looking now by comparison she thought to herself as she tugged at the base of the cabbage to release it from it's mothers hold. Shaking the dirt from the roots she watched as her husband turned the earth towards the remnants of the summers sun. The birds flocking in to glean the bounty of seed and insects generated from his efforts .........life on the highplains is good !!!

Waldo, you and NW should collaborate on an essay, short story or book. We have such talent on this forum. I love to read what you both write you are very gifted!!!!!

I love looking in on you to see what you are experiencing and how you feel about it. I miss the seasons so much and love it when you describe the passing time and how things change.

I feel honored to say that you bothhave crossed my path. Waldo...meeting you was special to me.

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

Thanks NW and Waldo. You folks can start my day with a smile every time
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back