are they ready yet?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captainl

Reaction score
Any guess on how much longer these will take to ripen. I know the technical way would be to test the sugar but that it's not an option.

This picture is from 4 days ago. The sg of the juice here was 1.060, 14.7 p, and 15.3 brix.

Just looking for a guesstimate. In the next week, or more like 3 or 4? Thanks. Some tasted sweet and others a little tart.
I planted them at my old house which I sold 2 months ago. The new owners haven't moved in yet and the lawn is a disaster. I'm tempted to contact them to see if they care if I take the grapes if they aren't moving in soon. Yes I stole these ones from their side yard. Eek. Don't tell anyone.

ForumRunner_20130723_192109.jpg

ForumRunner_20130723_192149.jpg

ForumRunner_20130723_192136.jpg

ForumRunner_20130723_192100.jpg

Opps. These are black spanish....aka lenoir. And i did manage to take 3 vines with me to my new house.

You should get a refractometer and measure for the brix. Don't settle for anything less than 18 brix. You can adjust by chapitalizimg.

I second the refractometer!!! Its really the only way and they are pretty cheap on Amazon.

Latest posts

Back