Apple Cider

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrawhide

Reaction score
Does anyone have a great recipe for fresh apple cider? I was just notified yesterday that I am the winner of the 2009 Happy Vally Ranch Homesteader apple crusher and press.

20091231_184246_homesteader.jpg

I entered their contest in June and was emailed yesterday that I am the winner. WOW was I surprised. Stands about 4 feet tall and weighs about 165#. They sent me UPS tracking numbers and it's on the way with a Wednesday delivery. Value on this puppy is over $650 and over $100 freight. They are taking care of everything.

SO, if anyone is looking to get a press check out www.happyvalleyranch.com.

Let's see winemaking - hard cider - soft cider what's next?

hummmmmmmmmmmmm

rrawhide

That's the exact press I got in october and it worked great. Only thing I will do different next year is to put a motor on it.

BOB

Great going. I used one like that for years. I also put a temporary motor on mine, but kept it so when I wanted to give gives some fun, I put the crank back on and off goes the motor and let them crank away. It will also press grapes in a pinch in small amounts.

thanx all

it's gonna be fun!!!

by the way, Rich, what kind of motor and what diameter pulley did you use?

rrawhide

I think they say to use a 1/3 to 1/2 hp motor and 10 in. pulley. Also have to add a couple of bearings

BOB

Latest posts

Back