Apple Cherry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomy

Reaction score
My Apple Cherry was started 11-28 SG 1095
SG 11-1 1030
SG 11-3 1014
SG 11-7 1000
Should I let in primary a couple more days till SG goes to 0998 or rack now & add Camden? It is still emiting a bubble now & then, tastes ok with no sugar taste. My 1st batch that so far has proceded as it should. I'm pumped... Yehaa
smiley4.gif
Thanks Tomy
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Tomy

I would leave it for another week.I also have some apple cherry that was started on 10-21,and I tasted it yesterday.Its real good,and dry.I used 4 cans of juice and it has tons of flavor.I stablized it,and will leave it another week before backsweetening.

thanks lockdude, I will do just that. Should I continue to stir every 2 days?I also used 4 cans of concentrate.Thanks Tomy
smiley32.gif

No.there is no need to stir these kinds of wines.Just let it quit,and clear out real good.When it does, rack it off of the sediment into a clean container and stablize it.

My Apple Cherry SG 993 no taste of fruit or sugar, clean taste. Not much smell, looks like it has for last 10 days. Was started 14 days ago. On lockdudes sugestions I will leave in primary another 4 days then rack to secondary. I hope I am doing this correctly as don't really know what it should taste or smell like at this time. Comments welcome & thanks so much for all the help, I am learning patience but its hard lol. Tomy
smiley32.gif

Tomy, the one class you want to excel in is "Patience". It will prove to be your best friend and ally in winemaking.

Today I racked to secondary, added Camden & Pot. Sorbate per instrictions. SG 993. My plan is to leave in secondary 30 days then ? I plan to back sweeten with Apple Cherry Raspberry con. to taste, don't really know when to do this? It tasts a bit of yeast yet so guess I will rack again in 30 days. Thanks Tomy
smiley32.gif

Latest posts

Back