Anyone who uses SS Tanks?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwhelan939

Reaction score
I was looking at the minibrew frank and rita are using. I noticed they offer a Co2 blanketing system. I got curious so I looked for one for my SS tank. I have only been able to find one. Has anyone ever seen one of these systems? Any ideas as to how you get fills on the nitrogen tanks? Here is the system. Let me know what you think. it seems like an awful lot of money for what it is.

MoreWine | Inert Gas System for Variable Volume Tanks

That is actually a pretty slick set up. Doesn't surprise me though from them. I buy a lot of my beer stuff from that company. Whats nice about it is it keeps the system sealed with gas. Most open the lid and just squirt the gas into the tank or carboy. While they say it is heavier and settles over the liquid it is an invisible gas so do you really know? I like how this system replaces the air lock and when negative pressure is created it draws in gas. I might look into that for my conical.

In regards to the gas, you have to look around. CO2 is pretty easy to find but nitrogen may be harder. I have a local fire extinguisher company that fills my CO2 tanks. Half the time for free. Best place to look at is welding shops. I have been wanting to get some Guinness gas which is a mix of 75% nitrogen and 25% CO2. I have never found it but someone told me there is a welding shop in the area that has it. You could look around as well if you have an Airgas. I am not sure if they sell t the public but worth a check. Easiest way to find gas is to go to a local bar that has draft beer and ask them where they get their gas.

Check your Yellow Pages under "Gas - Industrial and Medical" for sources of many inert gasses. They may even supply a tank on a lease basis.

Back