Another Use For K-Meta

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishWineP

Reaction score
I've found another way to use K-Meta, akaPotassium Metabisulfite. I'm brining turkeys in preparation of smoking them. After scrubbing the cooler I'm using it as my bringing container. I sprayed it with K-Meta, to be sure it was clean! I don't want to poison the entire wedding party the night before the wedding. It would be embarrassing!
smiley9.gif

I let the cooler sit for a few minutes then rinsed it with cold water. In goes the cool brine and turkey.

I also sprayed my sinks before using them to wash the turkey. (Yes, I scrubbed them first...) I sprayed the wash cloth and sponge I'm using. (Yes, they will be washed after I'm done with the turkey brining.) After I'm done brining the turkeys, I'll wash the cooler again with the hot soapy water, and then spray it again with the K-Meta.

I do the same here. Instead of buying other sanitizers to clean the counters with and stuff, I just use K-Meta in a spray bottle. Clean the fridge with it, you name it. Anything that I think could benefit from sanitizing gets a shot of it.

Smurfe

From now on, the sink, counter and handles all get a shot at the end of cleaning.

I've spritzed apples with a weak k-meta solution to keep them from browning (oxidizing).

My better half is having the grand kids over, so I'm going to make up a big batch and spray them down after they play outside.
smiley36.gif

It is good for loads of stuff. I use it everywhere I can. I even have taken in a squirt bottle to work to spritz down some of the stuff I use regularly.

Salute!
smiley1.gif

Back