Mosti Mondiale All-Juice Masters Edition Viogner not clearing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatfoot

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else on here has made this kit and had problems with it.

My complaint is with the instructions, which were explained to me as 'generic' for the 4 week kits from All-Juice. I should have know better because my kit was the full 23 liters (6 gallons) and so should have been a 6 week kit. I seemed to have rushed through the stages perhaps a little more quickly than I would have done with a 6 week kit...start to finish in about 4 weeks. Starting SG 1.087 on Jan 11, 2015 with the final racking/filtering last week. Was hoping to bottle this week but it hasn't cleared yet. In fact, the clearing process seems to have stopped. Added the Siligel and Liquigel in that order and it seemed to partially clear but then stop. Oh, and I racked several times using the ALLINONE pump to degass completely so that's not the issue.

Any ideas?

Also what is Siligel and Liquigel? Is that the same stuff as superkleer?

Clearing has only went as far as just past the 25% mark on the carboy. The second picture is how it looks tonight....flashlight enhanced in both pictures. As you can see there's a definite line as to where the clearing has stopped. Nice and clear in the top 1/4 :?

SAM_0460.jpg

SAM_0479.jpg

place in ambient temp of 70-75 deg, if not clearing then use super klear again at the ambient temp stated. cold wine will not clear well with super klear. not familiar with siligel and liquigel.

What's the hurry?

Hey Brian, not in a big hurry I guess, I have three other carboys so I'm ready to fire up my Passport Series Brunello soon. I'm just seeing the clearing process come to a grinding halt with no changes in about a week.

place in ambient temp of 70-75 deg, if not clearing then use super klear again at the ambient temp stated. cold wine will not clear well with super klear. not familiar with siligel and liquigel.

It's sitting at about 70 now because it's in the kitchen and it's warmer there. I'm wondering if siligel and liquigel is just All-Juices' brand name for superkleer. It sure sounds like it given that it's a two part clearing system. I'll give it another week and if I don't see any change I'll treat it with superkleer.

I made a CC Showcase Viognier and it took forever to clear. I ended up adding a second pack of Superkleer about 4 weeks after the supplied packet didn't do the trick. I think that wine took 3 months to clear but it finally did surely but slowly. The three P's of winemaking will always prevail.

Hey Brian, not in a big hurry I guess, I have three other carboys so I'm ready to fire up my Passport Series Brunello soon. I'm just seeing the clearing process come to a grinding halt with no changes in about a week.

If you have the carboys, let it sit. I bulk age reds for at least 8 to 10 months, whites for about 6, it's amazing what drops out of even seemingly already clear wine in that amount of time.

Give it time, and make sure it is degassed. If you don't have a vacuum pump, I highly recommend getting one. The degas whips, spoons, etc. always left gas in my wine, and prevented proper clearing. When I went to a vacuum pump, no more gas issues and clearing was much faster.

Remember the instructions and timelines are "ideal" and serve as a guideline. Things may happen quicker or slower depending on a number of factors.

The Meglioli kits are IMO the best on the market they just take more time than others. Give them time, then when you think they are done, wait a little longer. You will be rewarded I promise.

Latest posts

Back