WineXpert Additives

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterCooper

Reaction score
George,

I have noticed the increasing tendency for the kit manufacturers to provide additional ingredients with some of the better kits. The Sicilian Grillo uses elderflower and a number of the MM kits use raisins.

Is there anywhere to get similar materials though the catalog?

For everyone else in the forum, is there any interest in buying these separately, say to enhance a middle quality kit?

Yeah, I've been looking at getting some raisins especially prepared for wine making; although, I have heard the all natural ones at the health store of the health section of the super store will work.

Mosti will not sell the raisins separately. I asked and they claim the raisins are varietal specific. ABC Cork sells them for the Fontana brand of wine kits, but that brand does not enjoy a good reputation. As a result, I don't know that I would have much confidence in the raisins as you get of choice of either red or white.

The elderberries and elderflowers are a different story as I have both on the online catalog. It seems that I have more and more customers adding the elderberries to the wine kits to add body. In fact, I have 2 customers doing exactly that with Vintner's Reserve kits. One is Joseph and I know that he will write a featured article when he is done.

Grape packs, raisins, grape skins are being added to more and more kits as it helps the wine kit become more like working with the fresh fruit; however, my experience is that the juice is still the key. Better juice = better wine. These additions will improve almost any wine, but they will not substitute for starting with good juice or fruit.

Latest posts

Back