A special label

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgecaprock

Reaction score
After tasting some wines made by some home vintners(no one here),it would have been nice if the label truly represented what was in the bottle. I'm keeping this one on hand for any possible screw ups

2006-01-17_191532_special_brown.jpg
!!! Hope you like it

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

That is FANTASTIC!!!! I had a "cherry" wine a couple of weeks ago that was carbonated, sweetened vinegar. WHAT A TREAT!! I really felt bad for the guy, he was pretty proud of it but admitted it may have a few flaws. I am getting ready to bottle my first kit and if it turns out like that it will quickly be in the local sewer system.

earl

Ramona,

That is such a cool label! I'm sure that anyone who has been brewing for any length of time could have used it more than once. Is the face Curly? It's prefect for some of my spectacular failures! Even today I have a fresh peach that I'm tempted to call "old dog fart". God it smells terrible, and that's after 4 months. If it ever comes clear I will bottle it and hide it for 3 years and then try it again.... Hope springs eternal.

Great label Ramona, guess we all should be more honest. A good one for your label poster perhaps, just for grins.
smiley4.gif

Ramona, I love it and wish I had it for 2 of the concoctions that I bottled hoping when it groes up it can be something that may resemble a cheap wine. The first one is a spiced pear wine. I found this generic recipe on line that said to add cinnamon sticks, since they didn't specify how many sticks, and I had no experience with cinnamon, I added six (6) sticks to my one gallon batch...... for 2 weeks............. I needn't say more.......
smiley11.gif

Oh my goodness!!!!!! Cinnamon shock....Maybe you could have simmered it in a pot and used it as liquid cinnamon pot-pouri!!!

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

rgecaprock said:
Maybe you could have simmered it in a pot and used it as liquid cinnamon pot-pouri!!!

Oh my....... Boil that and let that smell go through the house...
smiley11.gif

I'm thinking if it ages enough (15 - 20 years should do it), It might come out tasting something like a "Texas Hot" type candied Pear. Only time will tell and this wine has no fear at all of getting drank early.
smiley36.gif

Curt said:
Ramona,

That is such a cool label! I'm sure that anyone who has been brewing for any length of time could have used it more than once. Is the face Curly? It's prefect for some of my spectacular failures! Even today I have a fresh peach that I'm tempted to call "old dog fart". God it smells terrible, and that's after 4 months. If it ever comes clear I will bottle it and hide it for 3 years and then try it again.... Hope springs eternal.

We've got one that needs a label "Caution Sewer Gas, No Open Flame"
smiley11.gif
smiley21.gif

And I need a skunk on a label. Poor Bert made some wheat wines that I still don't like. I told him to put them away to see if they improve. He opened a bottle last night and brought me a glass of it to smell, without telling me what it was. I told him it smelled like Skunk In A Glass.
smiley11.gif
I have to admit he smiled when I said that, and I did NOT take a taste. He said it's getting worse, not better.
smiley19.gif
Maybe we can sprinkle it around the garden this spring to keep the rabbits out!
smiley36.gif

I feel for ya, PWP...

I've made Pee Wine (Passionflower) and Urine Wine (Mint/Lemon balm)..

smiley5.gif

Back