A Marriage Of Honey & Limes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PWP, do you know if the lime mead goes straight in the 1 gallon jug or starts in the primary bucket????
smiley5.gif

does anyone ever use the JAO recipe but substitute lime for the oranges?
am thinking I must try this again - maybe a 1 gallon batch of each - naval orange - blood orange and lime. - - ->

thanx
rrawhide
smiley17.gif

Yes, I have. When I made these I made a lemon , Orange, and Lime. IMHO the Lime came out the best!
smiley20.gif

uavwmn said:
PWP, do you know if the lime mead goes straight in the 1 gallon jug or starts in the primary bucket????
smiley5.gif

I would start in a bucket/fermenter myself. Give it some breathing room

WALDO et al:

Gonna start some mead on Sunday - - -

Here's what I'm gonna do - - -

Just picked up a gallon (13.5#)of Indian Paintbrush honey from our local beekeeper. This is from the California Indian Paintbrush flower which happens to thrive in our local mountains.

20090227_210536_IndianPaintbrus.jpg

It is a light very tasty honey.

I am going to use the Joe's Ancient Orange Mead recipe only changing the citrus.

There will be a gallon of naval orange - a gallon of blood orange - and a gallon of lime mead. Problem will be keeping out of it for a year. I may add a little lime zest too!!

Waldo, do you add zest to all your meads? I know you have your own recipe but have you used JAO?

Wish me luck all - -

rrawhide
smiley4.gif

The Lime is the only one I have added the zest to rrawhide. I have made several JAO but did not figure they needed any zest since the whole orange is in there

Latest posts

Back