A grweat awakening

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty

Reaction score
I was sick readingathread about rockey mountain oysters.
now im in deep trouble with my sausage making. i also am turned off about stuffing anomal intestines

i just read the following ???????????????????????

A collagen sausage casing having improved clarity and weeping properties and a method of making the casing is disclosed. The casing contains from 50 to 80% by weight of bovine collagen and from 20 to 50% by weight of an acidified brine extracted pork skin.

<laughing> Bovine....<more laughter>

I actually raise cattle and have had to get used to the idea of "parts is parts". Still unsettling sometimes...but dang if it all don't taste so yummy!

smiley36.gif

Scotty, Never , ever read the ingredients on anything! If you do, there isn't much you will eat. You may turn into an extreme all organic vegetarian. All I look at is the calories, fat and sodium. They can make some really innocent items sound discusting!

appleman said:
Scotty, Never , ever read the ingredients on anything! If you do, there isn't much you will eat. You may turn into an extreme all organic vegetarian. All I look at is the calories, fat and sodium. They can make some really innocent items sound discusting!

Dont bet your bovine on the vegetarian thing.

PS-- I love head cheese. Especially from the redding market in Philly.

PolishWineP said:
Scotty, QUIT THINKING SO MUCH! It's not good for us.
smiley5.gif
Just enjoy!
smiley36.gif

Can you believe that this objection to sausage skin comes from a squid and sushi lover???????

Latest posts

Back