WineXpert 6 Medals

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geocorn

Vendor
Reaction score
Just received this from a customer in Florida:

Hi George!

Just thought I'd share with you our winning news. We entered the Amatuer Wine Competition at the Florida State Fair - sponsored by the Florida Grape Grower's Association (http://www.fgga.org/results/2007/WebA07/WEBA07.html)- and won 2 - gold and 4 - silver medals. All with wine we purchased from you!

I've attached a photo of our winnings. The top row is this year's and the bottom is from the past two years (2006 & 2005).

20070222_164423_sherri.jpg

Congratulations to Sherri!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Great Job Sherri.
smiley32.gif
YOu should be very proud of your accomplishment.

Here are the results:

Gold:

New Zealand Pinot Noir

Sonoma Dry Creek Valley Chardonnay (Unwooded)

Silver:

Chilean Maipo Valley Carmenere/Cabernet Sauvignon (2005 Limited Edition)

California Amador County Petite Sirah Zinfandel (2005 Limited Edition)

Italian Piedmont Nebbiolo d'Alba (2005 Limited Edition)

Washington Columbia Valley Riesling

Boy, I wish I was making wine in 2005. I would of loved to trythat Petite Sirah/Zinfandel.

I have a question. Are most wines that are entered into copettioin like this one kit wines? Do you have to say its a kit wine, or is that not asked?

Sherri excellent job. I wish I lived in an area that had a competition like that. jh

Congratulations Sherri

George, the Chilean Maipo Valley Carmenere/Cabernet Sauvignon was a 2006 LE, I just started one.Edited by: DaveB50

JohnnyK68 said:
Boy, I wish I was making wine in 2005. I would of loved to trythat Petite Sirah/Zinfandel.

I have a question. Are most wines that are entered into copettioin like this one kit wines? Do you have to say its a kit wine, or is that not asked?

Wondering also??

I know the large home wine maker competitions like the "Winemaker International Wine Competition" you have to say it is a wine kit with all the details. The kit wines compete against wine made from fresh grapes in the same category which is categorized by grape varietal.

Latest posts

Back