2013 Wine Maker International Amateur Comp

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatud4life

Future wine & SP maker
Reaction score
I didn't know who all knows about this, so I thought I would make a thread for those that are interested. I saw in the December issue of WineMaker magazine that their competition is now taking entries. With the success we all had, I thought this would be a great place to see how we do with wines from all over the world. The deadline for entries is March 15, 2013. The entry fee is $25 per with a limit of 15 per person. You can go to www.winemakermag.com for more details. I'm thi king about entering. Good luck to everyone!!!

Thanks Marc. If I have something worthy by then, I'll enter one or two.

At $25 per entry, who would enter 15 wines??

I didn't know who all knows about this, so I thought I would make a thread for those that are interested. I saw in the December issue of WineMaker magazine that their competition is now taking entries. With the success we all had, I thought this would be a great place to see how we do with wines from all over the world. The deadline for entries is March 15, 2013. The entry fee is $25 per with a limit of 15 per person. You can go to www.winemakermag.com for more details. I'm thi king about entering. Good luck to everyone!!!

How long have someone has to be making wine before considering enter a contest?

Boatboy24 said:
Thanks Marc. If I have something worthy by then, I'll enter one or two.

At $25 per entry, who would enter 15 wines??

I don't think I would be able to enter 15 bottles. Lol

Fabiola said:
How long have someone has to be making wine before considering enter a contest?

Well, I've only been making wine since July of this year and I entered a competition last month and won a good medal. All you need is a good recipe, patience, and good friends like the ones here that are willing to help. I recommend Danger Dave's Dragon's Blood recipe or Lon's skeeter pee. I'm still working on the patience part though. Lol

I can't wait to figure out the whole winemaking process so I can start to experiment with different things and then once everything is AOK, I would let to take shot at these wine competitions. Of course only if my wine tasted good. =)

You can enter as early as you like - you don't have to make wine for 5 years to enter into a competition.

Make your wine - if you think its good - enter it in. I like to enter my wine b/c i get unbiased feedback on the wines that wine and don't win.

First year i made my strawberry peach i won a gold - and i was only entering to get some feedback from folks other than my family and friends.

That is Awesome!! winning gold medal in your first year. Congrats,

Now that is great idea! with entering to get feedback other then from friend and family.

I will see if I have something ready by then, but first I will have to look more into the competition.

Thanks for the heads up !

That is Awesome!! winning gold medal in your first year. Congrats,

Now that is great idea! with entering to get feedback other then from friend and family.

I will see if I have something ready by then, but first I will have to look more into the competition.

Thanks for the heads up !

Thanks - but it wasn't my first year making wine - it the first time i made strawberry peach.

And it was at the same time i joined the forum - hint hint.

I gained a lot of knowledge through here that helped me out - when i first started making wine they turned out pretty rough :h

winemaker_3352 said:
You can enter as early as you like - you don't have to make wine for 5 years to enter into a competition.

Make your wine - if you think its good - enter it in. I like to enter my wine b/c i get unbiased feedback on the wines that wine and don't win.

First year i made my strawberry peach i won a gold - and i was only entering to get some feedback from folks other than my family and friends.

I feel the same way! I have only been making since July of this year and I entered a Strawberry Skeeter Pee. My first attempt and my 3rd batch ever of any type of wine. I too earned a gold medal an was honestly only looking for feedback.

The only problem with getting a good medal in your first comp is the bar has been set high now for future competitions. Lol

Thanks - but it wasn't my first year making wine - it the first time i made strawberry peach.

And it was at the same time i joined the forum - hint hint.

I gained a lot of knowledge through here that helped me out - when i first started making wine they turned out pretty rough :h

= ) I agee alots of excellent information on these forums. having feedback woud be great with helping with refining skills.

I will have to enter, (its all about feedback) it has been decided.

= ) I agee alots of excellent information on these forums. having feedback woud be great with helping with refining skills.

I will have to enter, (its all about feedback) it has been decided.

Go for it - might surprise yourself!!!

Members of TVOS and residents of the fine state of Tennessee!!!!!

Don't forget that January 2nd is the deadline for your entries in the 2013 amateur wine competition!! Entry forms and fees must be in by then! You can go to their website www.tvos.org to locate a drop off location near you. Entries must be at the drop off locations by either Jan. 4th or Jan. 8th depending on your location in the state. Good luck to anyone entering!!!

Latest posts

Back