2008 Cranberry Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokegrub

Reaction score
This wine is already very good. It should be great by Thanksgiving.

20080307_125141_Cranberry.jpg

hello to all. i've been a member for quite some time but never posted/commented on any forum. but now i've had a brain fart. i too have started a cranberry wine using northland 100% cranberry juice. i started with an sg of 1.090 and racked at 1.020 into glass. the question i have (this is my brain fart) is when should idegass? i'masking cuz i made a blueberry/pom that turned out carbonated. which was not my intent

Tantalus, wait until the wine has finished fermenting and has been racked for the last time prior to bottling.

Thanks, Waldo. I made this with steam-juiced cranberry juice. I got turned onto steam-juicing by your posts.

Both wines made thus far using this technique, a blueberry and a cranberry, have been outstanding. A steam-juiced apple wine is clearing. I love this method and plan to use it extensively in the future.

After you're sure the wine is done fermenting is a good time to degas your wine. Degassing helps it to drop it's lees.

Thanks for correcting me. You are absolutely correct, and I haven't even had a glass of wine. It must be an age thing.

Smokegrub said:
Thanks for correcting me. You are absolutely correct, and I haven't even had a glass of wine. It must be an age thing.
Age of you or the wine you haven't had?
smiley2.gif

Latest posts

Back