Cellar Craft 2007 CC Limted Cab Spanish Temparnillo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laneygirl

Reaction score
I bought two CC Limited Edition kits in August: Temparnillo -Cabernet and Two Latitudes Merlot.

I just did the clarification and stabilization steps on the Temp - Cab. It's different than the WE kits that I've done. WE instructions have you add the envelopes to the secondary fermenters and stir everything up. CC instructions have you rack into a clean carboy, add the Potassium Sorbate and Potassium Metabisulphite, stir vigorously for 2 minutes.

Then rack back to another clean carboy, add Kieselsol and Chitosan and stir again for two minutes.

They explain that racking from one carboy to another will help degas the wine. I wonder if it's really necessary if I use the Fizz X stirring device. I did it and still used the Fizz Z, so I guess I should be good to go.

It tasted pretty good...a little more tannic than the WE kits I've made and less kit taste.

Laney, you misread the instructions a little. They say if you have racked into a primary to rack back into a clean carboy. They say this because a lot of people dont have spare carboys like some of us do so some people rack off the sediment into primary, degas, add all stuff needed, and then rack into a cleaned carboy.They use the same fining agents as RJS kits and dont require the sediment. The fining agent used is SuperKleer and works awesome as they are both negatively and positively charged.

Edited by: wade

Hi Wade,

Thanks for the clarification. I reread and you're right...I thinkgot confusedsince I use a 6 gallon carboy for primary fermentation when making beer. However, I use an 8(?) gallon plastic bucket with lid for primary fermentation of wine.

I only have two 6 gallon carboys and three 5 gallon carboys. Since I have another batch of CC in the primary and since I hadn't read the instruction carefully enough
smiley23.gif
I ended up using two 5 gallon carboys for this transfer back and forth. I had to do one extra so I could end up in the 6 gallon. I am thinking about buying one more 6 gallon to make this whole thing easier....I just hate to see the 5 gallons sitting there empty and so I might have tomake a couplebatches of beer in between when a 6 gallon is available for primary fermentation.

Latest posts

Back