Quarantine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw your post in the Regina topic. I received an email from Consumers Produce stating the juice would be in the week of the 14th. He was originally anticipating a week later. I will see if I can get in touch with him next week after the holiday and follow up.

This sounds like a spoof to me. California has been having issues with this moth for some time now. I would think that big a product quarantine from that big an area would be on the news big-time.

It's no spoof. In their effort to stop the spread of the the european grape moth they are trying to stop all movement of whole, or intact grape vines/grape vine parts and pieces. The moths or eggs can easily go undetected on harvested grapes. So you wont be able to get fresh grapes from anyone inside the quarentine areas. As they say though you can get properly processed juice and musts from those areas. The processors probably have to hold onto the the juice or must for x# of hours to make sure all the moths/eggs have drowned(if any made it into the processed fruit).

Latest posts

Back