Wine of the week

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jessica, welcome to the forum. PWP makes us all drool when she
posts. Are you going to add to this because I dont know if I can stay
on my diet if you start up too. Anyway do you make wine also?

wadewade said:
Yeh, it sounds pretty good. Is that a wild grape or did you grow from scratch Waldo?
It is a domesticated variety of Muscadine wade. I will be harvesting my own in another two years.

Very nice Waldo, I'm thinking of growing some grapes next year myself.
Dont know what kind yet but I just received a Miller cataloge from New
York which sells every kinda fruit imaginable and for what looks like
decent prices. Not to much of a gardener yet so I'll start small as not
to kill a lot of $.

PWP,

You certainly know how to dress up a table. And Waldo, your wine has a most beautiful color. bet it tastes just as good too.

Doesn't mole have peanutbutter in it??
smiley25.gif

I don't think it has PB in it, but it does have chocolate. Chocolate and Mexican food. Don't get much better than that! Add wine or beer and life is then complete!
smiley2.gif

LeiniePrincess said:
Hey PWP!! Look who's online now! Now I can reply to your Sunday home cooking. I've been doing some of my own and I'm very excited to have my slow cooker now!
smiley31.gif
More royalty!
smiley36.gif

This Sunday we brought out the Rhubarb & Strawberry wine from Northern Winos. (Hamann Hills Wines) It's a medium red wine with a very fruity aroma and flavor. We could smell the fruit but no one dominant fruit. A very fresh wine with a fruit flavor (hint of strawberry) and it wasn't too sweet.
20061009_180448_wine.jpg

This wine was served with cole slaw, breaded pork chops, oven browned potatoes and the epitome of upper prairie fine dining dessert, Rice Krispie Bars.
20061009_180650_Pork_chop.jpg

I like them with peanut butter added Mmmmmmmm

I am going to have to try a rhubarb wine one of these days. A very nice looking wine NW
smiley20.gif

Princess....Glad you enjoyed the wine...we are going to try yours real soon...you said to age it a bit....but that is so hard to do...:>)

Waldo said:
I like them with peanut butter added Mmmmmmmm

I am going to have to try a rhubarb wine one of these days. A very nice looking wine NW
smiley20.gif

Waldo...Straight Rhubarb Wine is not our favorite, but mixed with Strawberries it is quite good....
Maybe now that the Rhubarb Wine has aged for a year it might be better...might get one out and try it again.
Rhubarb is an easy crop to grow around here...

Scotty...around this neck of the woods a 'Hot Dish' is a casserole....it can contain many things, like wild rice, tater tots or what ever the cook has on hand.
Our presonal favorite is a Rueben Casserole..

RUEBEN CASSEROLE [Hot Dish]

In the bottom of a large pyrex casserole dish whisk together:
1 can of cream of something soup [celery, mushroom...I use chedder cheese]
1 can water [or more]
1 can milk
1 Tablespoon prepared mustard of your choice

Add by layering:
Egg Noodles to depth of liquid
1 1/2# chopped Polish Sausage, Kilbasa or Corned Beef
1 large sliced onion
1 pint or more Saurkraut [rinsed and drained]
1/2# grated Swiss Cheese [or more]

Top with bread crumbs [rye bread is best] And forgot to mention some butter on the bread cubes..

Bake at 350*-375* till bubbly and noodles are done

Kind of play it by ear...I never really follow a recipe very well....
......try to do a Google on Rueben Casseroles...many others to try..
Edited by: Northern Winos

Might have to showcase a wine with that casserole recipe! (I prefer casserole over hotdish. I sound like I just fell off the beet truck when I say hotdish!
smiley9.gif
)

PolishWineP said:
Might have to showcase a wine with that casserole recipe!  (I prefer casserole over hotdish.  I sound like I just fell off the beet truck when I say hotdish!
smiley9.gif
 )

Yeah-sure...you betcha!!!

Back