Wine of the week

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waldo is sneaky that way
smiley14.gif
! You never know what you might find.

We've got that Alberta Clipper here too. It's such a bummer and pretty sad that it is officially (the county fair is the last weekend in summer in these parts) autumn.

That means like 3 billion oak leaves will be falling down on the ground very shortly.

Tonight we used a gift wine from a commercial winery. Our friend in Chippewa Falls gave this to us, produced at the winery there.

20060917_182709_CF_Wine.jpg

Nice flavor, especially in the back of the mouth, with good follow through. Tannins are perfect. Hard to believe it but it was overpowered by the dinner!
smiley3.gif

20060917_183025_Pork_Roast_Dinn.jpg

Pork roast marinated in pineapple juice and spiced, roasted with sliced sweet potatoes, pineapple and red onions. Roasted potatoes with Greek seasoning, spaghetti squash and of course, corn for Bert who doesn't have a taste for all veggies yet.
I WAS going to bake a key lime pie, but someone occupied the kitchen for too many hours today with wine activities. Maybe next weekend.

Wow, that must have been a very soft pinot noir! That's the kind of meal that I would serve with a good pinot noir. Either pork or cornish game hen, and typically both are awesome with it!

I think the high acid from the pineapple competed with the wine. After dinner it seemed almost like a different wine.

I'm running a day behind but at least I took pictures last night!
Last night we drank Pepere's Chianti! Mmmm... nice wine! No sweetness to it at all! Nice aroma, strong color. I could certainly drink more of this wine!
20060925_173058_Chianti.jpg

Spaghetti with Italian meatballs and sauce, Caesar Salad (no anchovies) and home-baked Parmessan Romano cheese bread and tomatoes. Brownies with chocolate ice cream for dessert. (I went into a carbohydrate coma after dinner and was quite useless.)
20060925_174422_Dinner.jpg

We even had a full table for dinner! I love having a full table! Son Brian and his girlfriend joined us. Good food, good wine, good company. What more could a princess ask for?
smiley17.gif

PWP,
We could make a deal. I bring the wine you make the pasta.
smiley4.gif

I'm humbled my wine made your dinner a success!

Pepere

Tonight was tamale night! MMmm..... The tamales weremade by the wife of one of Bert's co-workers. Everyone here loves tamales! They were served with rice cooked with chili powder & garlic, black beans and cauliflower. And I keep getting better at making mole' sauce! (Yes, that IS bragging.
smiley2.gif
)
20061001_163723_Dindin.jpg

The wine was Waldo's Muscadine bottled at the Cats' Meow Winery.
It has a nice fruity aroma and flavor, itmaintained the grape flavor in the process. Light and fruity it didn't get lost in the meal. (Granted the meal wasn't mouth-burning spicy.)
PWP says, "It reminds me of the grapes liberated from Tedward Marshall's vines when I was a child."
Bert says, "Now I see what everyone's excited about!"
I can think of other meals I could serve this with, but alas, the bottle runnith empty!
smiley3.gif

20061001_164625_Oct1_002.jpg

I have never tried it with Mexican food....Will definately put that on my to do list. Those tamales look scrumptious !!!Edited by: Waldo

Waldo

That wine is awesome...A fruit flavor that I'm not sure what to compare to [ maybe like unsweeten cherry ] , but very nice. You have a winner there.

Yeh, it sounds pretty good. Is that a wild grape or did you grow from scratch Waldo?

Hey PWP!! Look who's online now! Now I can reply to your Sunday home cooking. I've been doing some of my own and I'm very excited to have my slow cooker now!
smiley31.gif

Back