Wine of the week

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a meat and potatoes kinda guy! Whats in the bowl, beets or peeled tomatoes or tomatoe soup?

Hey, I just realized I made Senior Member. Yee Haa!!!
Edited by: wadewade

Happy Birthday Bert!

You are my kinda fellow, meat and potatoes! Give me a good slow cooked roast and boiled new potatoes anyday and I'm happy! The wine looks like it was the perfect match.

wadewade said:
I'm a meat and potatoes kinda guy! Whats in the bowl, beets or peeled tomatoes or tomatoe soup?
Peeled tomatoes in the bowl. Meat loaf, baked potato w/sour cream, corn that we cut off the cob (and got for the price of a bottle of wine) and sliced cukes.

wadewade said:
Hey, I just realized I made Senior Member. Yee Haa!!!
Congratulations! Have some wine!
smiley2.gif

I'm way ahead of you already had three, but 1 more cant hurt I guess.
Time to open a new bottle. I think it will be my 2005 Peach Apricot
Chardonay. My first born wine.
smiley17.gif
Wish I had heard of this place earlier.
Edited by: wadewade

We caught the cook and the sommelier drunk in the cellar, so we had to fire them both.
smiley19.gif
This left Bert and me on our own for dinner tonight.
smiley36.gif

Tonight was a simple meal. Ham from the smoker, mashed potatoes and garden veggies.
20060827_160348_Cab_Sauv_001.jpg

Bert chose a Cabernet Sauvignon to go with the meal. This was a W.E. Select kit. I wish he hadn't given away so many bottles of this stuff! It's been in the bottle for 2 years, after bulk aging. Bert said it had almost a black cherry flavor to it, and I thought it had a hint of mint hidden way in the back of the flavor. I dry wine that is very much alive. Bert gave his boss a bottle of this for Christmas and he is really hoping for another bottle. Tough call on that one!
smiley5.gif

Bert did mention that maybe this wasn't the best choice for the meal. A bit strong for what we were eating. But, practice makes perfect! Try again!
20060827_160932_Cab_Sauv_003.jpg

I just love looking forward to Sunday evening to see what the wine of the week and the food pairing will be. That is a great idea you have there PWP and Bert!!!
smiley32.gif
smiley20.gif
smiley36.gif

Ramona

P.S. What for desert?
smiley38.gif

Cute cowsEdited by: rgecaprock

After a week's hiatus for the Labor Day weekend, there was a good Sunday night dinner.

The wine was from Northern Winos, a Sparkling Apple.
20060910_173706_Apples_010.jpg

Bert did the honors and opened it.
20060910_173802_Apples_012.jpg

We were careful and didn't shake it so there was no bubble over.

Dinner tonight was fun. I had a great time at the deli case.
20060910_173928_Apples_014.jpg

Garden tomatoes, apple slices, pickles, olives, pickled garlic, hummus, Gouda, Swiss, Cheddar, Smoked Gouda and Port Cheddar cheese, crackers, rye bread, and of course, the sparkling wine.
The wine has a nice clean flavor that doesn't over power food and isn't over powered by food. The effervescence is strong and long lasting. The tart apple flavor carries over well with the strong flavored foods.
smiley32.gif

Here's hoping that everyone had a great weekend and will have a fine week ahead!

Edited by: PolishWineP

Glad you enjoyed the wine....
smiley4.gif

Your 'dinner' looked great, sometimes it's nice not to cook and 'snack happy'....
smiley4.gif

PWP,

That meal would be what my Italian brother-in-law would call a "gom" session! A bit of everything and a bit of bubbly!

Dang that looks good pwp...oh by the way, be on the lookout for that guy in the brown shorts
smiley2.gif
Edited by: Waldo

Oh! Now I'm looking forward to getting home from work tomorrow and I haven't even digested tonight's dinner!
I hope he shows up before it gets too cold. Don't want him getting frost bite on his knees!
smiley5.gif

He's not. But if I'm watching for the man in brown shorts then his knees would get frost bite if it's too cold out and he's still wearing his shorts.
Once it gets to -20F exposed skin doesn't last too long.
smiley18.gif

Princess,

Please send some of that cold weather to us in Texas. I'll be lucky if my knees freeze in February. By the way, maybe Bert can tell us why life's more fun with a PWP.

I'll see what I can do about shipping off an Alberta Clipper to you.
smiley36.gif
We're supposed to hit 80F today!
The man in brown shorts did make it before the snow. There was a box in the garage yesterday that was shipped from the home of Wally World. There were to bottles of "marinade" in it! I'm so excited!!
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back