Zemplen Hungarian Barrel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the barrel!
If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the barrel?

Last edited:
Looks good!

On a separate note: still waiting on Harford to post their Chilean juice/grape prices.

Thanks Wayne. I'm in Northern VA - would love to find a place closer than Harford - it's 2 hrs each way. I've tried to contact S&S (just south of Baltimore) with little success.

Nice looking barrell, I keep telling myself that I am going to get myself one. Perhaps once I get a little bit more settled in somewhere.

Love the barrel. Question for you or the other folks how much longer can you age your wine in that size barrel and get the same results for a smaller barrel ( i.e. 6 weeks in a 6 gallon barrel would be equivalent to what time in a 15 gallon barrel ?)

Should be able to easily get 3-4 months out of the first batch with as much as 6 months depending on whats going in.

Thanks ibglowin. I have a hungarian 6 gallon barrel and would love to get a larger one down the road.

I'll post an update; looking to age my cab for 4-6 months then i have 20 gallons of Malbec to age.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

The cab is coming very nice in the Hungarian barrelImageUploadedByWine Making1398567834.339407.jpg; I'm hooked. I got another barrel this week. 30 liter Radoux. First batch will be ChambourcinImageUploadedByWine Making1398567760.119955.jpg from Jacks Grapes in Easton PA; then some CA Cab. and 2013 Chilean Malbec.ImageUploadedByWine Making1398567723.742659.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Latest posts

Back