yeast

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty

Reaction score
Which wine yeast has the lowest alcohol tollerance???

i have to get more flavor and definitely want less alcohol

What type of wine are you planning to make? If its a fruit wine I would recommend Cotes Des Blanc and start with the SG around 1080 (10.6 %). Once its finished and stabilized back sweeten it with the concentrated juice and some sugar.
VC

thats perfect because i want to reduce the amt of sugar i use and start making my unsophisticated juices at around 7-8 PA

that will be my next experiment

THANKS
smiley1.gif

Scotty if you are looking for something to practice with go to Publix and pick up a couple of the 1/2 organic lemonades (publix brand). The SG is 1050 so all you need is to add the cotes yeast, stabilize & sweeten. It should end up about 6% or so. Once in a while I'll just add the lemonade to the must after I have racked off the wine. So far I have maple, blueberry, blackberry and cranberry hard lemonades. They are simple and pretty good.
VC

vcasey said:
Scotty if you are looking for something to practice with go to Publix and pick up a couple of the 1/2 organic lemonades (publix brand). The SG is 1050 so all you need is to add the cotes yeast, stabilize & sweeten. It should end up about 6% or so. Once in a while I'll just add the lemonade to the must after I have racked off the wine. So far I have maple, blueberry, blackberry and cranberry hard lemonades. They are simple and pretty good.
VC

thanks
smiley1.gif

Getting a lower abv can be done with any yeast and there are pros and cons to each of these yeasts. I also like Cotes Des Blanc for my lighter fruit wines and Pasteur Red for my darker fruit wines.

Latest posts

Back