yeast recommendations?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpaolini

Junior
Reaction score
I'm picking up fresh cabernet franc and barolo juice buckets next weekend and need advice on which yeasts to use for each. I've only made kit wines before so never had to think too deeply about this choice. I'm looking to preserve the fruit character of the franc while I want a deep dark rich barolo! Any suggestions?

I am not as familial with Lavin yeast as most on here but I would recommend Red Star Cote Des Blancs for the franc and Premeir Cuvee for the barolo

I am not a big fan of red star yeast. I have had trouble with this yeast in the past.

I would suggest that you go with Lalvin RC212. Be sure to add Yeast Neutriant (I like Fermax) in the recomended amounts.

bpaolini....some fresh juice buckets come pre-inoculated with yeast. You may wish to check with your vendor.

Steve

Last edited:
bpaolini....some fresh juice buckets come pre-inoculated with yeast. You may wish to check with your vendor.

what he said, after reading your initial post I started thinking that maybe I misunderstood how these juice buckets typically worked.

Latest posts

Back