Cellar Craft Yakima Synergy II

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJMehr

Reaction score
Did anyone make the 2009 Cellar Craft Limited Release Yakima Synergy II kit? I found a dealer that still had a kit in stock and got a great deal on it.

The kit is about one year old so I plan to pitch yeast this weekend.

The combination of Marsanne, Roussane and Viognier grapes sound very interesting.

Let me know what your experiences were with this wine. Cellar Craft says that this wine can be cellared up to 2 years.</span></span>

</span>

I just bottled mine recently and I am very pleased with it. I am already planning on entering a bottle in next year's Winemaker Mag competition.

Joan,

OK, now I am excited. If you think that this wine is good enough to enter in the Winemakers contest, it sounds like this is an outstanding kit.

Two questions, did you do anything special to the wine as it fermented/aged and how sweet/dry did the wine end up. I am not a real sweet wine person.

I started making my kit about 1 hour after Fedex dropped it off. The kit was made on March 4, 2009, so it is just over one year old. The juice was a nice yellow color and tasted wonderful. No signs of oxidation.

I decided I wanted it a bit sweet so froze 2 cups of juice when I started it. I didn't add sugar to it nor reduce it. I just thawed it added it before I bottled. The finished wine looks beautiful!

I made mine dry. It is a wonderful kit, and I wish they had offered it again this year. I would have bought it.

Back