Cellar Craft winexpert Spanish tempranillo into port!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markb1983

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm going to revisit in earlier post that I made in reference to adding a wine can't turn it into a port kit

My intentions are to turn this Spanish Tempranillo cats into a Spanish Tempranillo ruby port. So I used to have all the information saved on my iPhone 5 but unfortunately the screen cracked and now I'm using a galaxy note 3

So if any of you port makers have any suggestions on how to turn a kit into a port kit. I believe it's simply adding sugar to get the brix too I believe 25? But that's about all I have to work with at the moment.

ForumRunner_20131224_091808.png

ForumRunner_20131224_091843.png

I wouldn't

That's a pretty good Tempranillo with grapeskins kit you're about alter in possibly a bad way; one of my favorites. Why not just buy a port kit and make that? Are you aware you posted this in the Cellar Craft forum?

The phone app was part of the mistake. I wouldn't think it would be a bad idea trying to make a ruby port out of this.

I believe that this is one of the grapes used in port?

I have so many carboys going, I guess I'm feeling adventurous

Tempranillo is used in port making among other varietals, but it's usually a blend. The only potential problem is that this kit is not designed to be turned into a port. Kits are a processed product. You'd have to dilute it quite a bit with brandy or spirit.

Not to say it won't work out, but it's not something I would personally try on that type of kit.

Back