Wine storage in Florida?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also ferment in the same room. Sometimes fermenting at 68* is great. Other times I ferment in the closet in that room, it has bi fold doors, and runs 2* warmer with the doors closed. A brew belt or light bulb in the closet can raise the temp to whatever I want. Roy

Geek, I really don't know, we weren't in the home long enought to compare bills. And we added 2 -42 bottle chillers about the same time. There isn't a lot of run time, it cycles on & off. Roy

You can buy a meter called Kill-A-Watt for $25 that provides excellent information on how much energy is being consumed. Helped me to not worry so much every time I heard the AC cycle. I figured Im using less than $8 / mo on average throughout the year. Five months out of the year it is zero, 3 months a little, but it is working pretty hard in the heat of the day in the summer months. Overall though, it is an important tool for the hobby and at less than $100 per year is pretty economical.

Thanks, NorCal, I'll have to look into that. With the extra AC in the winery & 2 wine chillers in the family it would be interesting to see what they cost. Our monthly electric bill for 2200 sq ft & 2 people rarely goes over $160, pretty good for SW Fl. Roy

Back