Wine Maker International Amateur Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations VinoBrotha that’s is a huge accomplishment.
Can you tell me Is there somewhere online where you can find what wines go in which categories for wine competitions??
I have a few wines like a Nebbiolo and Fonza and have no idea how they fit into a competition.

I want to enter this years competition and have a Blend of 70% 2017 Norton from Virginia, 10% OVZ from Lodi, 8% Spring 2018 Cab Sauv from South Africa and 6% each of 2017 Lodi Barbera and spring 2017 Syrah. What category would this be? The link is below categories are on the second page.

I would conclude: "Red Native American Blend." I base this on the following paragraphs in the rules:

Wines must contain a minimum of 75% of designated type if entered as a varietal. Varietals of less than 75% must be entered as blends.

And

The origin of many Native American grapes is unknown due to spontaneous cross-breeding. For the purposes of this competition, however, the Native American varietal category will include, but is not limited to, the following grape families: Aestivalis, Labrusca, Riparia and Rotundifolia (muscadine).

(Norton is from Vitis aestivalis)

Latest posts

Back