WineXpert Wine Kit Codes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smurfe

Reaction score
Hey, can someone run it by me again on how to decipher the codes on the label strip on the kit boxes? Tim covered this at the conference but I lost the scrap of paper I wrote my notes on.

For example:

0304606 0025 or 0504806 0412

I thought the first digits were the vintage year. Please correct me if I am wrong. I ask because these are the codes from the 2 kits I just bought. I wouldn't think there would be any kits on a shelf from 2003 would there?

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

I think the first numbers was the day of the year it was produced. example: 365 = DEC. 31 but to behonest, I don't remember exactly.

The numbers are the date code and provide info when kit was produced:

Winexpert warrants it's kits for one year from the date of manufacture. You can read the date by looking for the peel-off sticker on the top of the box.

It will read something like this: 04 320 03 123

04 = 4th kit run of the production day

320 = 320th day of the calendar year, in this case that's um, October 15th-ish.

03 = 2003

123 = number of kit position in the run, i.e., 123rd out of about 600.

OK cool, that is right, that answered my question. and both kits were made in 2006 in Feb a couple days apart.

Thanks

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

LD Carlson does an excellent job of sending fresh kits and with my turnover, you should never get a kit more than 9 months old. Most of the time, they will be 3-6 months old. If you ever have a question about the date on the box, please let me know.

geocorn said:
LD Carlson does an excellent job of sending fresh kits and with my turnover, you should never get a kit more than 9 months old. Most of the time, they will be 3-6 months old. If you ever have a question about the date on the box, please let me know.

I figured as much, I was just confused, I had thought the first numbers were the year and one said 03, I knew that couldn't be right.

Steve
smiley1.gif

How old can the kit be and still make good wine?

I've got a local guy that has a bunch of old kits that I may try to get at a discount ifthey are worth making.

If they are stored in a temperaturecontrolled invironment, they should last for 2 years, but WE asked that we discount ALL kits over 1 year old or make them ourselves. I would suggest a 50% discount for 12-18 months old and 75% discount for 18-24 months. I would not buy one that is over 2 years old.

Latest posts

Back