"Wild Grapes?"

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smikes

Reaction score
My friend called me a hour ago and said, "Wow, there are a lot of grapes groing near my hunting area", which is an old abondoned farm with apples,pears...

In my area, there are alot of "Wild Grapes", which do not taste like table grapes and more like welches/ concord only stonger. Find vines along the road, in the woods....

So....

What kind of grapes, what kind of wine , and how much?

They produce half inch grapes at the most, seedy and dark purple.

Once I know they are ready, I will pick and freeze. My buddie said about a 5 gallon pail easy just in one place.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Wild grapes make the best wine you could possibly make in my opinion. JW made some last year and sent me a bottle, it was the best grape wine I had ever had. I would say get all you can get! If you can't make the wine right away, get a lot of the one gallon zip lock bags (hundreds of them) and freez them!

here's the link:

http://www.finevinewines.com/wiz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3845&KW=wild+grapes

Edited by: jobe05

Smikes.....They should be ripe when the seeds are brown...keep tasting them.

If they are ½"berries they may not be 'wild' grapes, but some variety that someone had planted at some point.

Jobe...have you moved to Bosnia????

NW, something has been going on with the locations and seemed to have stop so either Jobe's was done a week ago or it has started again.

Northern Winos said:
Jobe...have you moved to Bosnia????
smiley36.gif

I didn't notice that before......................

Sometimes I feel like Im somewhere else.......... I always thought it was another world................... Now I know it's just Bosnia....
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Waldo's in Australia now....I thought he was in his storm cellar....

Since the storm everyone has moved.

Latest posts

Back