Where to find VP41 MLF?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PittGrad

Reaction score
I've got 6 gal of Carmenere that I want to put through MLF, but I've already added 1/4 tsp of Kmeta couple months ago after done in secondary (before I had decided on MLF).

I'm looking specifically for VP41 considering it's tolerance for a little Kmeta (supposed to be ok at <50ppm).

Problem is that I'm having really tough time finding it. Most sources I've found list for about $10-12 but are out of stock. One place I did find wants $34 for it. Curious if anyone on here has good source outside of the mainstream retailers that I'm finding through web searches? Thanks!!

I usually buy from MoreWine @ about $34, but I just noticed they are out of stock. The $10-12 versions I've seen are kind of a 'cultivate your own' version. I think you have to start it a few days (maybe a week) before pitching and there is a risk it doesn't 'sprout'.

Appreciate the reply boatboy, and that's helpful to know that the $10 version not quite the same as the $34. Suppose I'll pull the trigger on the one place that had it in stock as it doesn't seem there's many options for MLF that can work in the presence of kmeta.

BTW, that $34 packet is enough for 60+ gallons. So increase your production to drive your per bottle cost down. ;)

Latest posts

Back