What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife layed out salmon to thaw....I am so freaking burnt out on salmon. I threw it back in freezer and got out some catfish and I'm gonna FRY IT IN PEANUT OIL and wish I had used lard, heat up some tortillas, make a chipolte sauce, shred some cabbage, slice some limes and make fish tacos. She'll ***** really loud about how unhealthy it is as she stuffs tacos in her mouth until the juice drips off her chin.

You know every once in while, fat is really good, it tastes great! No steamed veggies, no whole grain pasta, and if I hear "organic" one time I think I'll shoot that woman. Tonight is grease, spice, crunch, and tart. I'll chew some extra kale tomorrow.

With the nice weather I was hoping to grill a pizza, haven't done that for a while 'cause my youngest daughter has been chowing on a simple ham and swiss stromboli every Friday.

Made three doughs this morning and stuck them in the back of the fridge. Came home to my wife asking the "boli fiend" if she'd rather a hot dog or chicken nugget (..yes!). The door had swung wide open for a grilled pizza.

Simple red sauce, mozzarella cheese, thin sliced onions, diced green pepper, pepperoni and some ham. Had the grill nice and hot, so the crust puffed up nicely. Thin crispy layer with grilled marks/taste on the bottom, fluffy like a cloud in the middle. Oh and the topping were good too! Served with a run of the mill Canadian Lager, yum!

3-11-16_grilled_za.jpg

Tonight is rum...Oh, and some potato chips :)

I'm going to eat my feelings tonight (re: Hubby job loss), and be right as rain tomorrow. So much to do! Judge if you will, but I've kept the positive face and encouraging talk up all week while he works his way through everything. Time to have a night off where I don't worry. The rum won't really help with that (there's not enough rum in the world, and I don't want a hangover), but MMMMMmmmmm potato chips!

Wow! Have never tried crawfish but I remember a lot of family get togethers , we ate lobster like that when we were in P.E.I

Tonight is rum...Oh, and some potato chips :)

I'm going to eat my feelings tonight (re: Hubby job loss), and be right as rain tomorrow. So much to do! Judge if you will, but I've kept the positive face and encouraging talk up all week while he works his way through everything. Time to have a night off where I don't worry. The rum won't really help with that (there's not enough rum in the world, and I don't want a hangover), but MMMMMmmmmm potato chips!

I am so sorry to hear about your Husband's job situation. You did the right thing. Relax, blow off steam, and the world will be brighter tomorrow.
Hang in there kid! Things will get better!

Mmmmmm, the craving has been satiated. 70# select crawfish, good friends, and 4 bottles of good wine. Headed to the hot tub for a soak.

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THOSE MUD BUGS!!!! Did you go with a spicy boil on them?? They look perfect! Can not tell you how much I wish I could have tasted them!

Sounds like you had the perfect evening. Wine, FANTASTIC FOOD!, friends, and a hot tub. Now that is what I call.. making the most out of life.

The sister in law cam up for a visit from Georgia. Forced a couple of meals on her. Turns out she is on a low-carb diet. I think I have selective hearing because our conversation went like this..

Her: I am on a low carb diet.
Me: how do you like you potatoes? They are on sale due to St Patrick's day..

Anyway, I ended up cooking Saturday and sunday nights.

Saturday:
potato/leek soup,

balsamic vinaigrette salad with pickled beets, glazed walnuts, and a warn goat cheese patty encrusted with panko breadcrumbs.

Marinaded pork tenderloin with asparagus tips, sautéed mushrooms, and oven roasted potatoes,

Strawberries were on sale so I made a strawberry pie for dessert (a la mode) - sorry, no picture.

on Sunday, I made a roasted, stuffed chicken, mashed potatoes, garden salad, biscuits, and green beans.

Here are a couple pictures from Saturday (the soup and the main course)..

IMG_20160312_181758_375.jpg

IMG_20160312_183339_857.jpg

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THOSE MUD BUGS!!!! Did you go with a spicy boil on them?? They look perfect! Can not tell you how much I wish I could have tasted them!

Sounds like you had the perfect evening. Wine, FANTASTIC FOOD!, friends, and a hot tub. Now that is what I call.. making the most out of life.

It was quite a big evening, thankfully had all day Sunday to recover. I cook em really spicy, opens up your sinuses when you eat them, hands quit burning a few hours later. Any yes, they were huge, we have a banner season underway here, fueled by an early, warm spring and abundant rainfall. Little pricey right now, but the prices fall drastically after Easter, I simply couldn't wait til then.

Back