WineXpert What now?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In my red wines collection, I have 8 varietals and a blend aging in my storage area. As I am not "short" on any of them, I think this might be a good time to try something else.
As I'm a WineXpert guy, I am trying to choose between the Eclipse Piedmont Borolo style or the Barossa Valley Shiraz. Your feedback on either or both would be appreciated.

As I'm a WineXpert guy, I am trying to choose between the Eclipse Piedmont Borolo style or the Barossa Valley Shiraz. Your feedback on either or both would be appreciated.

Without a doubt, I will answer a resounding YES. I know that doesn't help but I suspect you can't go wrong with either. I say dealer's choice.

The Barolo has been around for awhile going back to the Selection Estate line of kits. The Shiraz is near as of the end of last year. Most of the feedback you'll hear about it will be more preliminary as people haven't simple been able to age it long. I doubt you'd have a problem with either choice, though. Personally, I'd pick the Shiraz (my second favorite red wine grape).

Open eys, engage brain.

It took me a while, but I finally noticed that Barolo is made from the Nebbiolo grape. Seeing as I have 3 dozen LE 2012 Nebbiolo aging already, I'll go with the Shiraz. Thanks.

I have that 2012 Neb, about a year in bottle. To be a Barolo you have to be In the DOCG and barrel age for so many years. That Shiraz should be fantastic.

Latest posts

Back