What is your Chilean crush like

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone makes a big deal out of their Chilean crush..

For me, the Chilean crush is what I call the "mini" crush. I limit this to just my two brothers and a niece or two to round out the crew to 5 or 6 people. I do get something to throw on the grill, but it is nothing like the crush I have in the fall. There is simply no way for me to host two crushes like that.

The plan is to repeat what we did last year. Older brother comes at 7am, we then go to pick up my younger brother's van, and head down to the supplier (Corrado's).

After we get loaded, We walk over to their grocery story (more like an Italian market) and pick up meats, fruits, cheeses, olives, and several loaves of their still warm bread. We nibble on some meat, cheese, and bread on our way back to the house.

We get started crushing and sorting. The few invitees arrive around noon and help out. Since we are limited on the amount we make, we normally have the grapes sorted, crushed/destemmed, and in the primary fermenters by about 2 or 3pm.

We clean the best we can and then break out the chairs in a circle (in the winery) for the obligatory "after party". We sip, we talk, and generally have a good time while noshing on all of the goodies we picked up in the morning.

Around 5 or 6pm, we move up to the deck and I grill dinner. The whole thing breaks up around 8 or 9pm.

I can't wait. This is gonna be fun! How about you folks? Anyone make this an event?

Dang! After reading the title of this thread, I was expecting to see something like this:

(https://www.facebook.com/Gabri3laBarros)
gabriela-barros-11.jpg

Latest posts

Back