What is the "best" white zin kit??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimTheWiner

Begintner
Reaction score
So wasn't sure which forum to put this in, but only done 3 kits so I still consider myself a beginner (haven't even bottled any of them yet!). Anyway, my next kit is going to be a white zin (mainly for my wife) and looking for suggestions on a "good" white zin kit. She normally drinks Beringer white zin. I don't mind spending a bit more $$ if necessary if the end quality is worth the price. Mostly made CC before and haven't tried RJ Spagnols or WineXpert yet. Also was curious if I should consider a strawberry or raspberry white zin (can't remember the brand I saw them) as they would probably provide a good slurry for my Pee that I want to get started asap.

I don't know about which specific white Zin kit, but if she likes white Zins, she most likely would really enjoy some of the summer wines (mist wines).

They are sweet, have fruit added and are great for summer parties. They are sort of glorified wine coolers, made with wine, rather than beer. I make two kits (60 bottles) every Spring and they are mostly gone by October.

Check out our sponsors' sites. I make mostly the RJ Spagnol - Orchard Breezin' summer wine kits, but most kit makers have summer wines.

I don't know about which specific white Zin kit, but if she likes white Zins, she most likely would really enjoy some of the summer wines (mist wines).

They are sweet, have fruit added and are great for summer parties. They are sort of glorified wine coolers, made with wine, rather than beer. I make two kits (60 bottles) every Spring and they are mostly gone by October.

Check out our sponsors' sites. I make mostly the RJ Spagnol - Orchard Breezin' summer wine kits, but most kit makers have summer wines.
once shock gets a few kits under his belt, and if interested in summer wines, i can post the recipe i have from when i was with the brew club, and we'd make our 30 day quick wines...makes a mist style wine without a kit just using store bought juices...was always a club favorite with the ladies....then there's always our high alcohol wine that turns out similar to a fruit brandy....always good for passing around the campfire on those chilly late summer nights....::

That fruit brandy sounds good! I actually ended up starting a mist kit as my first kind of by accident. I was in somewhat of a hurry as they were getting ready to close and I saw a Niagara Mist Blueberry Pom Merlot. Being half asleep it didn't quite click that the mist in the name of the brand actually meant a mist style kit (idiot right). Anyway, not so bad as it will be a good wine for my wife or nice chilled for summer picnics and outdoorsy stuff. I should update info in my sig line!

That fruit brandy sounds good! I actually ended up starting a mist kit as my first kind of by accident. I was in somewhat of a hurry as they were getting ready to close and I saw a Niagara Mist Blueberry Pom Merlot. Being half asleep it didn't quite click that the mist in the name of the brand actually meant a mist style kit (idiot right). Anyway, not so bad as it will be a good wine for my wife or nice chilled for summer picnics and outdoorsy stuff. I should update info in my sig line!

well it's not exactly a "brandy", because it's not "purified", as some club members used to call it, but it definitely does seem to have the warming in the chest sensation....and as for mist wines, they are good for what they are, but i tell ya, the 30 day quick wines we made were pretty awesome as well....good summer, or anytime, party wines....

Last edited:
guess when i get home, i'm just gonna have to break out my old thumb drive, and either upload or copy and paste the recipes here in the forum....

ShockwaveCT...

Beringer White Zin is a straight unflavoured White Zin. You may wish to check out a bottle of Arbor Mist or Wild Vines before trying one of the mist wine kits.

I'm not a big white zin fan, so haven't really made any. Plus, there aren't any high-end white zin kits. Here's the best ones that I know of (in alpha order by manuf name)...

• Cellar Craft Premium California Reserve Blush Zinfandel (or Washington Reserve White Merlot)
  • RJ Spagnols Cellar Classic White Zinfandel
  • Vineco Legacy White Zinfandel
  • Winexpert Selection Original White Zinfandel
Steve

Latest posts

Back