What is "American Finish"?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Rocky

Reaction score
Scotty and I went to the local winery (Pine Knoll), only a couple of miles away. We get some of our supplies there. We had received a post card from them extolling their new wine product. It is called " Noblesque" and made from Muscadine grapes. The vintner said he made it the traditional way as apposed to the American finish process. Does anyone know to what he was referring?

After tasting it, we bought a bottle of it.Its always a good idea to try other people's products for comparison, right? However, it turned out to be a very pleasing wine.

So far it looks like your gonna have to call them and educate us on this 1. I tried to goggle it and came up with nothing so far.

I think the owner was feeding us a wine line. So much of the flare in this wine thing is gingerbread in my eyes.
Thepretentious names that are given to many wines that are simply dry reds are almost insulting
smiley4.gif

Scotty, I agree, some winemakers go to great lengths to add mystery to process of making wine. Sometimes however, there is a hint of a definition in the terms they use.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

The following is from a description for a wine made by Castel Grisch Estate Winery of Watkins Glen, NY: “They specialize in wines prepared in the old world Alsatian style with an American finish. This combination of traditions creates wines which emphasize the natural characteristics of the grapes, yet which finish with a smooth, clean, "no-bite" feel in your throat.”

"the old world Alsatian style with an American finish. This combination of traditions creates wines which emphasize the natural characteristics of the grapes,"

Ill take 2 please :)

Every wine I have has an American finish, when it is imbibed, swirled and finished when swallowed by this American.

Sounds like bs to me. Next, we'll have wines with a Texas finish, California finish, etc. I know that Calfornia wines are more fruit forward than old World wines, but you're either Alsatian style or not. And I don't think any Muscadines are produced and bottled in the Old World.

Edited by: dfwwino

Latest posts

Back