What can I do with Persimmons?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobe05

Reaction score
I have had a few days to get caught up on my bottling the wines I had bulk aging for 3 years now......... Blueberry/Elderberry Port, Elderberry wine, Peach Wine, OV Zin, Tomato (which taste like a V-8 juice on steroids), and my Catawba grape wine that I didn't think would do well, but is absolutely awesome!.........

So the itch is back......... No, I didn't leave out a letter, the Itch is back!

I started 10 gallons of scuppernong and now have an opportunity to get some persimmons.

Anyone have any experience, advise, recipe's for persimmon wine?

I dont think I have ever even seen a persimmon. 3 years bulk aging huh, man you must be doing good with your buisness!

Hey buddy !! Persimmons make one awesome wine. You will need to use a lot of acid blend and takes forever to clear but it is worth every effort. My next batch ( If we have a good crop of thm this year)I am going to trysteam juicing and see how that goes. It has a great semblance to a Japanese plum wine in the finished product. Also has a surprising ammount of body on its own too.

Make sure they are very ripe otherwise they are very astringent. I wish I had a source!

Latest posts

Back