We are curious about your wine consumption

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making wine is like a chem set for adults, and it's the only hobby I know of where procrastination is a virtue.:re

I go through 4-5 bottles a week:pee

You the man Jim, 2 1/2 bottles will make me more than "happy".

My wife took me on a "winery tour" Saturday to 5 vineyards in our area (who knew they had vineyards in Nebraska). Pretty interesting to talk to these folks about their wines. Most started like us as a hobby and then decided to go at it full time. Frontenac, LaCrosse and Chambersund sp? are the most common hybrids used down here. No one had a real full red, ie: cab, zin, etc. but some good wines nonetheless. After 5 tasting rooms, it was time to waddle home.

You the man Jim, 2 1/2 bottles will make me more than "happy".

Yeah - wifie gave up and went to bed when it got to the part where I was chanting, in slurred words...

"mah mouf feel good ... mah mouf feel good ... mah mouf feel good ..."

:D

Oh yeah, you KNOW it was Welch's!!!! :)

I greatly enjoy wine in the late afternoon. I drink white first with a little snack of cheese and crackers. That is a period of great relaxation. If I am not with my wife or friends, I watch Gunsmoke and really lay back and rest.

For Dinner I like a red wine and I may have a red wine or two after dinner. I very rarely get much of a buzz on and I don't get drunk although not long ago I think I did and I am very cautious of that now.

I am 69 years old and I am pretty sleepy by 9 o'clock. I go to bed at least by nine and I am up at 3, browsing the web. Back to bed about 5:30 until about 7:30.

olusteebus "I am 69 years old and I am pretty sleepy by 9 o'clock. I go to bed at least by nine and I am up at 3, browsing the web. Back to bed about 5:30 until about 7:30"

My habits to except I am 63!

Yeah - wifie gave up and went to bed when it got to the part where I was chanting, in slurred words...

"mah mouf feel good ... mah mouf feel good ... mah mouf feel good ..."
:D

Oh yeah, you KNOW it was Welch's!!!! :)

Now that is some funny %^&$*. :) :) :)

Otis is my hero. I want to take him to some "tasting rooms".

Barney: "Andy, here is what Otis is saying, help me, help me".
haha
Good times right there.

I drink a glass with dinner. One more maybe two or three after but the glasses are small :) How big are some of these glasses your only having a couple of??

Enjoy making the wine.I like the whole process of making the wine and trying to make something that actually tastes decent when finished. We share a fair number of bottles with friends,and our grown up kids. When I am home my wife and I share a bottle a night. Find making wine much easier than making home made beer.

I usually go through 1-2 bottles of red or white wine per week and just about every Friday myself and the Mrs. celebrate the end of the week with a bottle of bubbly. I really enjoy having a luxury like wine at a very cheap cost, but more than anything else I like winemaking for the development of the wine from fermentation to spoilage. It is like having a child, wine starts out as a juice that you take care of and nurture so it fits your own style. Then over time as it ages, hopefully it will evolve to something you can be proud of. I feel like a proud parent when myself and the Mrs. pop open a bottle that has evolved gracefully.

Last edited:
I usually go through 1-2 bottles of red or white wine per week and just about every Friday myself and the Mrs. celebrate the end of the week with a bottle of bubbly. I really enjoy having a luxury like wine and a very cheap cost, but more than anything else I like winemaking for the development of the wine from fermentation to spoilage. It is like having a child, wine starts out as a juice that you take care of and nurture so it fits your own style. Then over time as it ages, hopefully it will evolve to something you can be proud of. I feel like a proud parent when myself and the Mrs. pop open a bottle that has evolved gracefully.

That is a beautiful response.

Making one's own wine can be very rewarding and give great satisfaction in a hobby with a sense of pride on one's labor of love.

We are wondering how many make wine just

Because they like a good tasting homemade wine that is good quality

Because they make wine to get drunk as cheaply as possible

We both take meds that our doctor allows 4 oz of wine a day. For us it is the love of the hobby and making a good tasting wine. Homemade wine gives us a sense of pride in most cases; like a very good home cooked meal.

I am a beer/whiskey drinker not so much wine. (of course that all changed with Dragon Blood- Thanks dave!)

I have always made wine because it keeps me busy during the winter months, it gives me something to do and out of trouble during the wee hours of the night.
Not to mention it gives me a cheap alternative gift to give family and friends during the holiday.

I should mention that my cup size is usually a standard sized red solo cup. Sometimes it is blue. For DB I fill with ice and pour 1/2 a glass.
For red wine I usually use a coffee mug, the dont break as easy as a wine glass.

My wife drinks out of a wine glass, but she is classier than I am!

:n

Latest posts

Back