• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

want to buy an ebulliometer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Carla, and welcome to Wine Making Talk. I assume you are a small winery. Used Ebuliometers are hard to find. I have only seen two so far and they sold immediately for around $500. I bought a new one last year for use at home against everyone advise but I don't regret it. Even new they are difficult to find as only a few places in the country sell them and they sell pretty fast when in stock and it takes a long time to get them back in the country after you order them. Presque Isle Wine Cellars sells both the regular one and electric ones.

keep an eye on www.winebusiness.com sometimes a winery is selling out and you can get one.
I believe Valley Vintner on their web site tips section has a method for measuring alcohol using a hydrometer, and a chart they have developed. If I recall correctly it call sfor measuring the wine sg, then boiling the wine adding water back to previous volume, measure sg again. do some math and check against their chart.
Our wine club checked this method against a ebuliometer and found results were valid and within the error allowed by the TTB.

Latest posts

Back