Waldo’s Wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedPretzel

Reaction score
Mmm, what a surprise I got! Santa came a bit early and dropped off a package via UPS.

I couldn't wait.
smiley36.gif
I'm having one of Santa's wines (aka Waldo) right now. Blackberry....

Santa (aka Waldo) is an excellent winemaker. The bottle was opened and whoosh! a fragrance of blackberries came out towards my nose. Very delightful and surprising!

The wine is crystal clear. Santa, uh, Waldo, must have filtered it. The taste is pleasantly sweet and very fruity.
smiley32.gif
It reminds me of a wonderful candle, for some reason.

Waldo, congrats. You are certainly a born-winemaker. I will post the other tasting notes as soon as I drink your wines. Now I'm a little afraid to open any others, since this one should have been kept for special occasions.
smiley2.gif
Yes, that's how good it is.

smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif

smiley32.gif

Waldo it looks like you have achieved a milestone here with a review like that on your Blackberry!
smiley32.gif
Congrats my friend!

I have concluded that making great wine is all about the passion....the rest will follow.

I also thought about you today when I was at the store and had to fight the urge to buy some frozen wild blueberries and other great stuff to make wine with asI strolled the isles.
smiley2.gif

I did buy some dried mangos to add to the dried bananas I recently received from a good friend across the Pacific...and Banana Mango wine is on the agenda for next week.
smiley36.gif

Thanks Martina. I am pleased that you enjoyed it.I must confess ( or would you call it bragging )though that it was not filtered. I have only filtered one batch and that was my first batch of Muscadine. I have since followed Hippies leading on just racking until they are cleared and ready to bottle.

Wow, I could have sworn it was filtered.
smiley32.gif

Now I'm even more amazed!!!

Waldo, quit your day-job... Go into winemaking.

Hmmmmmmmmm Intriguing thought Martina. I might get mighty hungry but at least I would never be thirsty
smiley36.gif

Trade wine for food..... if yours is as good as Martina is saying, I'll be shipping you a box of ramen noodles today!
smiley36.gif

Yes it was Peter. They were a hybrid berry grown by a fiend of mine

Latest posts

Back