Mosti Mondiale Vinifera Noble Valpolicella

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterCooper

Reaction score
Started the Vinifera Noble Valpolicella kit this morning. First Kit for over three months. Mostly dues to the fact that we moved house.

Opened the kit and found the usual materials. Labels are a bit different. There is a generic Vinifera Noble Label and an add on Valpolicella sticker. The label looks OK though.
The oak packet is small chips and looks like a heavy toast.
This is a 10L kit

The instructions call for the Bentonite to be mixed with warm water and left for a while before adding. The starting SG was about where it should be.

Batch Number 71213
Starting temperature 75 degrees
Starting SG 1.085

Pitched the yeast and loosely covered with the lid and stored out of the way.. I'll check tomorrow.

Edited by: peterCooper

I made a RJS Cru Select Valpol. and must say it is among my favorites today and when i run low it will be made again. Hope yours comes out as well.

I have made the VN Valpolicella it was bottled in June, So far I have been very happy with it. It can use a few more months of age, but since it was my 3rd kit I have been drinking it.

Day 2:
The little bugs are working their magic. Fermentation has well and truly begun. Closed the lid up and added an airlock with a little k-meta.

Day 3:

Woke up to the smell of fermentation in the morning! AaaaaaaH!
Everything perking away nicely.

Comon now Peter......was it really an AaaaaaaH or are you just joshing us...A picture would be proof that a really good AaaaaaH was in order.
smiley4.gif

Back