RJ Spagnols Vanilla Fig port style

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you added all the fpack in primary?

No, none of the Fpack, only add that at the end.

I had a pack of the goopy grape stuff from a Super Tuscan kit.

If I can get the alcohol up to 17 or 18% before Grain added, I won't need to add as much Grain to get it to 20 or 21%.

Always experimenting............................................

Has anyone added frozen white grape juice concentrate to the primary?

I have added white juice concentrate to other white wines (not port styles) but always let it thaw before I add it.

Last edited:
I opened my Vanilla Fig on 10/29 and the f-pack was leaking. Probably 1/2-3/4 cup had leaked into the box. I called customer support and they said that would ship me another kit. It arrived within 2 days! Talk about great customer service! RJS is great!
Any ideas for the first kit?

I opened my Vanilla Fig on 10/29 and the f-pack was leaking. Probably 1/2-3/4 cup had leaked into the box. I called customer support and they said that would ship me another kit. It arrived within 2 days! Talk about great customer service! RJS is great!
Any ideas for the first kit?

Ship it to me and I'll make it.....:db
Seriously, I'd just start the kit, actually I'd do the double batch together.
Sometimes some of us add portion of the f-pack in primary anyways.

I'm hesitant to do a double, but I have started the juice. I've put the F-pack in the fridge for now. At worst I'll have wine to top up!

I don't plan to step-feed or chaptilize, but I do plan to fortify with Everclear.

Racked from gross lees after clearing for 16 days.
Added an American medium oak spiral and topped off with VSOP 40% ABV brandy.
Wish I had ever clear to try, maybe on next racking I will use some.

Back