Using a Double lever Corker, HELP.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update....:u

I bottled a small batch of wine yesterday. Using synthetic corks and soaking them in sanitizer prior to insertion. First few did not go in all the way. Then I increased the speed of inserting and the rest all went right in as they should. I think I was just pushing down the levers too slow...

One did stand a little high but the contents of the bottle was a little high as well. I pushed it further in by hand and about an hour later it was back up. It stopped at the same spot and was stable at that position this AM.

Thanks all for your help and input.

The one that popped back out could have had a little too much wine in the bottle and back pressure was pushing the cork back out. I had one do that before, removed about 1/4 inch of wine and no problems after that.

Yep, as several mentioned, it's consistency in speed and pressure. One swift movement with a good deal of pressure! Let the corker tell you when to stop.

Like Doug just wrote, make sure you have proper air space under the cork, or it likely will come out sooner or later, especially after the bottle warms up a little... won't be a pretty sight if bottle is on its side when it happens.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back