USA TO CANADA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgecaprock

Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find any advice.
Has anyone ever shipped wine to Canada? If so, how did you do it? What about customs?

Thanks,
Ramona
smiley2.gif

If it was me, I would just invite them down to shop at the mall in town - give them the wine and they could hide- err, place it in their other purchased stuff on the return trip home. Worst that could happen is they would have to pay duty on it going home. It's worse just getting through the border now than what you have. I stick to the small town crossings, they aren't as busy and the vineyards are closer.

Liquor crossing borders is a strange affair here. Canada likes to tax "Sin goods", such as alcohol, tobacco, etc so I'm not sure how a gift would work across the border. I'd be worried that without disclosing that it is in fact alcohol, etc, either our homeland security, or yours will take offense to the whole thing. I know that people can bring it across the border themselves, but I'm not sure if they can ship it across, or what type of brokerage needs to be done to get it across.

Thanks all,

I wanted to send a bottle to a friend in Quebec but after reading some about customs and it does say it is prohibited I don't know if it would be worth the chance. It would be great if we could share it in person...might have to wait until we can do that.

Ramona

Latest posts

Back