Two year old wine.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WineYooper

Reaction score
Opened a bottle of the first blackberry wine I had made and found it to be very good after two years. It seems to have smoothed out and the blackberry taste has improved. I was a little concerned with the corks due to what I have learned on this forum and at my supply house. Thought maybe it might be oxidized. These are your #8 x 1.75 first quality corks. Don't know how long this wine will stay good and will consume before summers end, 4 bottles left. For a first wine by following a recipe and knowing jack---- I am impressed. I'm planning to use different corks on future wines and with the racks filling up some may be around longer. Need more vine ripened fruit but then again do not want to wish summer away already. A big thanks to all on this forum who have contributed to my knowledge in this endeavor.

Sounds very cool! It is great when you are really happy with a wine that you have made. The #8s should last you through the summer with no issues. It is a reccomendation not to use them for longer than 2 years but like all things it is not a hard and fast rule. Some will store fine for a longer period and some will not last that long. Great job on the first wine..:br

Back