Torani Smoothie Mixes as Wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vertumnus

Reaction score
Had a bout of inspiration at the grocery store today when I saw the Torani flavoring syrups and wondered how they could add to my wine. My research on here tells me that they are good for adding post fermentation for sweetening/flavoring purposes.

I further found that Torani also makes Real Fruit Smoothie Mixes that don't contain the preservatives/additives of the syrups. For example, the Blueberry Pomegranate which comes in 64oz and is around $20.00 on Amazon is listed as having these ingredients (taken from the Torani site):

Water, Sugar, Blueberries, Pomegranate Juice from Concentrate, Strawberries, Dextrin(soluble dietary fiber), Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, colored with vegetable juice, Guar Gum, Pectin, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbic Acid(vitamin C).

That's just one of the selection they have. What do you all think about using these as the base for a wine? Maybe a lazy man's DB? Any experiences fermenting with these things and what other additives might be needed (sugar, nutrient, acid, etc.)?

Last edited:
Why not give it a shot... you might have stumbled upon the next big thing. Either way, I'm pretty sure either way, you'd be a ground breaker.

BTW, I've heard of crazier.

64 oz is a 1/2 gallon, not a gallon. So, you are talking about $40 per gal. I don't know how much you were planning to make, but be aware you'll need twice as much as you might have initially thought.

Good Luck with it.

LOUMIK

Back