Topping Wine in Carboy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WorldTravelingJoe

Reaction score
I have read where I don't need to leave a lot of head space when I move to a carboy. Do I just top it with spring water? I have a good alcohol level and don't want to water it down. This is actually my 2nd vessel, the first is COMPLETELY full. This 2nd one is a 1 gallon that is 90% full.

THANKS for your help.

JOE

I have read where I don't need to leave a lot of head space when I move to a carboy. Do I just top it with spring water? I have a good alcohol level and don't want to water it down. This is actually my 2nd vessel, the first is COMPLETELY full. This 2nd one is a 1 gallon that is 90% full.

THANKS for your help.

JOE

Do as Floandgary has mentioned.

THANKS for your help.

JOE

Do as @Floandgary has mentioned.

If your 1 gallon low is a five gallon carboy, I'd move to smaller jugs, say a three and a one. If you are talking 10 or more, then I agree with floandgary.

Back