Thoughts

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehe...all the more reason to get another batch going asap!

You just never know how much will be lost to "evaporation"...

hehe...all the more reason to get another batch going asap!

You just never know how much will be lost to "evaporation"...

yeah i think "EVAPORATION" may play hell with this batch, you know since the %ABV is so high :n bahahaha

plain and simple im gonna need more carboys

well i pulled the batches out to look last night, the blueberry pom is doing really well, very dark but doing very well, its almost cleared again, Berry Blend and the Sugar ones are back to cloudy.

I may end up using my screw top bottles to hold my BB Pom so I have enough carboy space for my apple pie wine. I figure these will work well for some short term storage

No willpower.... :slp

getting nervous, running out of carboy space and i dont want the wife to cut me for buying more :)

but i didnt taste them just brought them into the light so A) i could see the clarity and B) the wife could actually see what i do when shes not around :db

well its all in a bottle now :D the sugar version needed to clear a bit more but i was in the zone

also the terrible bitter flavor went away in all but the sugar

Last edited:
update looked at my sugar variation it has cleared out and lost the flavor.

Note to the entire batch less lemon for sure i could have cut the total in half and it would be great. so next batch less lemon no bentonite and i better make a 6gal batch cause this wont last long

Yeah, I thought the same which is why I have a batch using 30% less lemon going right now. However, I also have it on my "to do" list to test the acid levels in my original batch so I can really see where it is. It could very well be that the lemon is fine but (for flavor) but the acid level needs to be brought down.

yeah i know thats the case with mine, its super acidic. i need to get some more test equipment :slp

or maybe i should just start :dg more until the acidic burn goes away :)

Back