This funky old wine aint so bad.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy123

Reaction score
A while back :seI was doing a piesporter. When I transferred it to carboy it left a nice cake of lees behind. Seeing it inspired me to look around for fermentable. I had a gallon of Welches white grape juice. In the pantry I found a can of peaches,one of pears and a pineapple too. I ran them thru the food processor then water sugar and a hardy stir. Time went by and my poor fruit salad wine was the step-child carboy that got ignored for the Piesporter or other subject wine of the day. It did get bottled without fanfare and tasted OK at the time. I gave out most of it this past year. Recently I did a little clean up in the cellar and found a couple bottles of it and chilled one. Tonight I find it is a surprising delightful wine. I feel a little guilty that I didnt provide it the love and nurturing yet I'm still a proud parent." Time heals all wounds" is probably more true with wine than any other subject in life.

Latest posts

Back