Thinking about making rolling carboy storage shelf

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olusteebus

Reaction score
My ac unit is in the garage where I make wine. I need to store carboys in the area right in front of the ac unit but if I ever need to move the ac unit, they would be in the way. Thus, I am thinking of making a three shelf wooden rolling open cabinet for storage. If I need to move it, I would remove the empty carboys from the shelving and roll the cabinet out of the way.

Anyone have anything like that.

I use these furniture dollies from Harbor Freight. I put two 1 x 10" boards on them and I can fit 3-4 carboys on them. If you decide to buy one set it on the floor first and make sure it rolls ok. I bought two of them with faulty wheels. I have about eight of them in my basement. They're great!

furniture dollie.jpg

Why not make a shelf that moves? Instead of moving the carboys you could just slide that whole shelf out of the way from the Ac unit! Make a track on the wall! Make it very sturdy so it can support the weight of course ;)

I'm in the process of making 10 rolling carboy "carts" . Each one holds 2 carboys. I bought carts like Dan posted, but I took the wheels off & attached them to vinyl coated shelving boards, then I'm putting 1X3 trim round them so the carboys won't slide off. The carts at Northern Tool were $7.49 ea, much cheaper than U could buy 4 wheels. Roy ps I'll post pics when finished.

Latest posts

Back